Trump, not green ?

Discussion in 'EV in General' started by Xriva18707, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Xriva18707

Xriva18707 Well-Known Friend

Electric Vehicle:
    2016 LEAF SL
    Trump appears to be pro coal, etc.

I am conerned his administration will not support the continued transition to EVs. He does not appear to be 'Green,'

Your thought ?

~X

2. SSi3

SSi3 LEVA Member

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 BMW i3 REx
    I hope the EV momentum is enough now that it can't be undone by climate-deniers in the gov.

3. Xriva18707

Xriva18707 Well-Known Friend

Electric Vehicle:
    2016 LEAF SL
    If the release of less expensive, longer range EVs ( like Chevy Bolt and Tesla 3 ) can be combined with higher gas prices then I see 'two car families' making one car an EV.

If that happens we will be forever 'over the hump.'

4. SSi3

SSi3 LEVA Member

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 BMW i3 REx
    Agreed, we are so close to that hump here in North America.

5. Dave

Dave Admin/LEVA Member

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 Nissan Leaf
    I wouldnt expect an extension of the federal ev rebate. Or much motivation cor solar and wind power :(

6. Dave

Dave Admin/LEVA Member

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 Nissan Leaf
  7. Dave

Dave Admin/LEVA Member

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 Nissan Leaf
  8. jevaisbien

jevaisbien New Friend

Electric Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan Leaf S
    Low gas prices are helping the Trump agenda greatly. This trend may continue for a long time--as long as relative peace prevails in the Middle East and fracking goes on apace here and elsewhere. I don't think leaning on climate change is the way to dislodge the dinosaurs at the top of our govt right now. Climate change is too easy to deny. Doctor's differ too much as to if it is happening at all, and if it is, how much and how long before it becomes critical. Air pollution is the issue that needs to be the focus of the Clean Power push. Everybody can agree that it exists and that it is bad. When Trump gives us, as head of the EPA, somebody that wants to dismantle the EPA, then we need to start throwing photos up all over the net of London caught under a blanket of coal smog, and
    people in Beijing walking with masks on through the polluted fog on their way to work. Pictures of Lake Erie when it was pronounced dead in the middle of the last century due to industrial dumping.
    I think you catch my drift.

Dave likes this.
  9. Dave

Dave Admin/LEVA Member

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 Nissan Leaf
    Welcome new ev friend! This is a good angle. I would love to see a 2 hour long documentary just touring around with special camera lenses that show the actual pollution surrounding us everyday. Even just the transportation pollution. Ive seen a bit of this I think in the film "Racing extinction." Since Im not really on major social media, my part in pushing EV's will mostly be respectfully convincing everyone I come in contact with that my Model 3 (when it arrives) is better in every way than their gas car. For now they have me on "how far can you go?" with the Leaf...

10. jevaisbien

jevaisbien New Friend

Electric Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan Leaf S
    Yes, range is the Leaf's glass jaw. It works for me, however, most of the time. When I need to go beyond the Leaf's range, I break out the ice. I don't like it (as the song goes) but I guess things (have to) happen that way. Maybe some day a Tesla will come my way.