What is and where is the best EV charging station in the GTA?

Discussion in 'Greater Toronto EVs' started by greatertorontoevs, Jul 23, 2016.

1. greatertorontoevs

greatertorontoevs New Friend EV Blogger

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 Volt
    One of my hopes of posting blog entries to Friends of EV is to start some discussions.

One of my blog posts from May was titled "What is and where is the best EV charging station in the GTA?"

I had hoped that post would start a bit of a discussion in the comments section of the blog. Unfortunately even with hundreds of visits to that particular post and thousands to the blog so far, nobody replied.

So I am wondering - Friends of EV members in Ontario; What is and where is the best EV charging station in the GTA, or Ontario for that matter? Oh what the heck... What is and where is the best EV charging station you have encountered anywhere in the world? Show us what the EV community should be striving towards.

Also, lets not post Superchargers. Most of those are already pretty good. Lets look for either L2 or L3 universal stations.

Dave likes this.
  2. TO Ed

TO Ed New i3 owners.

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 i3
    I tried to post comments on your blog but got blocked by the password login page. So others may have also tried to leave comments without success.

Baka charging station at hwy 427 is very impressive. Good to know it is also functional! Will check it out.

Our favourite charger is the L3 charger at Powerstream (hwy 400 at Major MacKenzie Drive). Used it a couple times about a week ago. Beautiful location within a 5 minute walk from Home Depot and WalMart. We charged at the rate of 1km in 8 seconds! Wow!

Dave likes this.
  3. greatertorontoevs

greatertorontoevs New Friend EV Blogger

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 Volt
    Thanks for the input and the heads up! I am still fairly new to the blogger platform so I will have to look into how to make commenting easier. Thanks!

4. WaterlooRegionVoltec

WaterlooRegionVoltec WRVoltec Founder EV Club

For L2 the Heartland Shopping Center on Mavis in Mississauga has a dozen or so Chargepoints spread around the mall property. First 2 hours are free

5. SSi3

SSi3 LEVA Member

Electric Vehicle:
    2015 BMW i3 REx
    Definitely Powerstream so far
    Looking forward to all the new stations in the coming year tho!
    20151128_215442963_iOS.jpg

Dave likes this.
  6. Rick47

Rick47 New Friend

Electric Vehicle:
    Nissan Leaf 2015
    In the Ottawa area the chademo charger in Gatineau is the best. Good parking, right by a major mall, so lots to do while you charge. I got about 60% charge on my Leaf in 20 minutes. It's clean, and well lit at night.

Dave likes this.